Legal Resources for Settlement Workers in BC: Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre (TRAC) - Apr 2019
[11:10] Andrew Sakamoto on TRAC’s focus, advocacy, tenant infoline, and more. For community workers and settlement workers in BC. 1 of 7 presentations in an April 2019 panel on legal resources.
- The focus of TRAC: promoting the protection of tenants in BC
- Direct Advocacy: Free lawyer services for some tenants / groups of tenants
- Tenant Infoline: Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri from 1pm to 5pm. Wed from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Free Legal Education Workshops and Webinars on housing law and issues
- How to order the Tenant Survival Guide—multi-lingual, plain language publication
- TRAC’s website—includes template letters and many resources
- Renting it Right—2 part online course with videos, activities and a certificate.
To view all resource panel presentations in one video: click here.
More free public resources about the law in British Columbia:
- Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC (Legal Aid BC)
- Clicklaw (online compendium of resources)
- Family Law in BC (Legal Aid BC)
- MyLawBC featuring Q and A pathways to get tailored action plans, and free online mediation to make a parenting plan (Legal Aid BC)
Please note: Legal Aid BC resources are for professional development. They don't provide legal or other professional advice. Law is constantly evolving; changes in practice and procedure occur frequently. Exercise your professional judgment about the correctness and applicability of the material. Please refer to the relevant legislation, case law, administrative guidelines, and other primary sources. The views and conclusions expressed here are not necessarily those of Legal Aid BC.
Legal Aid BC helps all British Columbians with serious family, child protection, immigration, and criminal law issues. We give free legal information to everyone, and advice and lawyer services to eligible British Columbians.
Credits: Presentation by Andrew Sakamoto, TRAC. Filmed by Focus Audio Visual Ltd. for Legal Aid BC. Edited by Paul Donovan, Focus Audio Visual Services Ltd., and Karen Dhanda, Legal Aid BC. Production and publication coordinated by Kate Murray, Ella Droko, Baljinder Gill, Brian Goncalves, and Bridget Greenwood, Legal Aid BC.