Income Assistance on Reserve in British Columbia
This booklet explains in plain language:
- who can get income assistance on reserve,
- what benefits are available,
- how to apply for income assistance on reserve,
- your rights and responsibilities while on benefits, and
- how to appeal a decision about your benefits.
The booklet also has comprehensive information on who can help you, how to find an advocate, and where to get more information.
An insert with the most recent income assistance rates (which changed in October 2017 and January 2018) is in the booklet. If you need to order just the insert, see Income Assistance on Reserve in British Columbia Insert (New rates update). Supplies are limited.
Find out more about Aboriginal legal rights in BC on the Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC website.
This publication is for people who are comfortable reading and may have some legal knowledge.