If you want a challenging and meaningful career, consider the available positions with Legal Aid BC.
We’re looking for people who want to make a contribution to justice and make a difference to the lives of our clients, whether that's providing direct services or working behind the scenes. Client service is a top priority at Legal Aid BC and going the extra mile is what we strive for in everything we do.
Legal Aid BC is an independent, non-profit organization that provides legal aid for people with low incomes in BC. Our vision is client-focused legal aid that ensures access to justice for all.
Why work at Legal Aid BC?
Our employees are proud of the work they do and committed to making a difference for our clients. We develop innovative ways to provide clients with the type of services they need to help them with their legal problems. We work closely with other service providers to ensure the justice system meets the needs of our clients.
We provide a positive and supportive work environment for our employees. Our generous and comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Paid vacation (four weeks to start) and statutory holidays
- Modified work week schedule (EDOs) for some positions
- Birth parent, parental, and adoption leaves with generous top-up pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Extended health benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Travel insurance and life insurance
- Employee and family assistance program
- Employee wellness and recognition programs
- Employee referral program
- Healthy work-life balance
Legal Aid BC is a unionized environment. Our lawyers belong to the Professional Employee’s Association (PEA). Our other professional, technical, and support staff belong to the BC Government Employee’s Union (BCGEU). Our Human Resources Department, located in the Vancouver Regional Centre, is responsible for recruiting staff.