The Legal Aid in BC (LABC) website lists immigration-related Q&As that we'll continue to update. People with family in Afghanistan can email their questions to LSSweb@legalaid.bc.ca and we’ll add the Q&A to the website. We'll also send out Facebook posts or tweets on Twitter with updated information. (See also our comprehensive refugee resources list.)
We have multilingual publications to help refugee claimants.
- Our bilingual infocard Need Help with Your Refugee Claim? promotes the legal aid immigration phone line and other legal aid services. This infocard is available online and in print in English and seven other languages, including Pashto and Dari, which are the most widely spoken languages in Afghanistan.
- Legal Aid Can Help You brochure outlines what legal aid is, and how and where to apply for it. And our multilingual poster in Dari and Pashto provides information on how to contact us and find out about free legal help.
The Canadian Council for Refugees has a one-pager on the most recent information about programs on resettlement, family reunification, and the situation of refugee claims.
See also the BC CHARMS Refugee Claimant Navigation website to connect with a settlement worker, and to find other resources and services to help you.
You can contact Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Canadians and permanent residents in need of consular assistance in Afghanistan: 1-613-996-8885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigration program for Afghans who assisted the Government of Canada: 1-613-321-4243 or Canada-Afghanistan@international.gc.ca
- Reuniting Afghan nationals with their families in Canada or Humanitarian program to resettle Afghans outside of Afghanistan: 1-613-321-4243 or IRCC.SituationAfghanistan.IRCC@cic.gc.ca