Legal Aid BC provides lawyers with access to legal research memoranda from LAO’s LAW department. The memos are organized by area of law — Aboriginal legal issues, correctional, criminal, family, immigration and refugee, and mental health law. They cover a range of topics, both general and specific, and are updated regularly. They are not intended to replace your own research.
How to complete a request for LAO LAW Memoranda:
- Log in to the Lawyer Portal.
- Under Resources, click Resources for Lawyers.
- Under Other Legal Resources, click Legal Research Memoranda to choose the relevant research documents from the LAO LAW catalogue.
- You will receive your memos by email.
- Copies are not available by regular mail or fax.
- There is a limit of two memos per legal aid contract.
For more information, email us at email@example.com.